Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Album Of The Day #32: BRIAN WILSON PRESENTS SMiLE

Title: Brian Wilson Presents SMiLE

Artist: Brian Wilson
Label: NONESUCH/Rhino/Warner Bros.
Year: 2004
Songs: Our Prayer*/Gee**/Heroes And Villains/Roll Plymouth Rock/Barnyard/Old Master Painter***/You Are My Sunshine#/Cabin Essence/Wonderful/Song For Children/Child Is the Father Of The Man/Surf's Up/I'm In Great Shape/I Wanna Be Around##/Workshop*/Vega-Tables/On A Holiday/Wind Chimes/Mrs. O'Leary's Cow*/In Blue Hawaii/Good Vibrations^
Written by: Brian Wilson & Van Dyke Parks, except *Brian Wilson, **William Davis & Morris Levy, ***Haven Gillespie & Beasely Smith, #Jimmie Davis, ##Johnny Mercer & Sadie Vimmerstedt and ^Brian Wilson, Mike Love & Tony Asher
Produced by: Brian Wilson
Thoughts: We all know the story of how long it took to reach our ears, so when it finally came to them, we immediately asked "Was it really worth the wait?" Considering I only had to wait fifteen of those thirty-seven years, I guess I can't really answer that, but I have to say, SMiLE is incredible. It's mesmerising how anyone could think of something so ambitious and grandiose as this album, but two guys put their heads together and this is what we got. It is an experience like nothing else and is most certainly worth it. Buy it. Now.
Rating: 10/10

No comments: