Friday, September 05, 2008

Album of the Day #48: REVOLVER - The Beatles

Title: Revolver

Artist: The Beatles
Label: Parlophone/EMI
Year: 1966
Songs: Taxman*/Eleanor Rigby/I'm Only Sleeping/Love You To*/Here, There And Everywhere/Yellow Submarine/She Said She Said/Good Day Sunshine/And your Bird Can Sing/For No One/Doctor Robert/I Want To Tell You*/Got To Get You Into My Life/Tomorrow Never Knows
Written by: John Lennon & Paul McCartney, except *George Harrison
Produced by: George Martin
Thoughts: This is, simply, the greatest pop/rock album of all time. I listen to this album just about once a week, and it always blows my mind how there can be an album of so many good songs one right after the other. Although Sgt. Pepper's might be a little more revolutionary production wise, the songs on here are much stronger. This is the quintessential Beatle album, fellas, so get it...because it's pretty stupid not to have it.
Rating: 10/10

No comments: